This is an easy guide for how to host websites on your cheap vps! Since we are a budget VPS provider and configuring your vps for hosting websites is beyond our support. We do not handle 3rd party software or managing your VPS. However, I can give you this information to send you in the right direction.
You can definitely host websites on your cheap VPS using virtual hosts. This lets Apache serve content based on what URL the browser asks for.
How to add a virtual website step by step:
1. Log into your cheap VPS as root with putty or your choice of SSH clients.
2. Create a new directory for your website using the following command.
– mkdir /var/www/yourdomaingoeshere.com
3. Open the Apache config file via the vi text editor or any editor of your choice.
– vi /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
4. Add all of these lines below to the bottom of the file (Edit accordingly of course):
– ServerAdmin email@example.com
– DocumentRoot /var/www/yourdomaingoeshere.com
– ServerName yourdomaingoeshere.com
– ErrorLog logs/yourdomaingoeshere.com-error_log
– CustomLog logs/yourdomaingoeshere.com-access_log common
– ServerAdmin Enter your own email address here.
– DocumentRoot Your website files directory.
– ServerName Your main host name of the server goes here.
– ServerAlias A complete list of other host names that the site should be available on, separated by spaces
– ErrorLog Errors for the virtual host will go here.
– CustomLog Each hit to the virtual host goes here.
5. Save the file and exit the editor.
6. And your final step is to run this last command:
– service httpd reload
You can google hosting a website on VPS for more information on this.
Hopefully this gets you started in the right direction!
Also another alternative is we could change you to a Reseller where you can easily host websites without having to configure the vps, or you can install cPanel which is about a $15 software.
Incoming Search Terms:
-Cheap Dallas VPS
-Cheap Chicago VPS
-Cheap LA VPS
-How to host websites on a VPS